ABOUT THE TRAINING
Teacher Talk is a training created by The Hanen Center (www.hanen.org). Teacher Talk covers the key principles of Learning Language and Loving It, providing educators with core strategies that will help them create rich and stimulating learning environments for the children they work with.
This training addresses how educators can use everyday conversations, play and daily routines to promote the communication and social development of all children, including those with language delays and those who are second language learners.
Participants learn how to:
– Identify children’s conversational styles and the role teachers play in interactions
– Implement six steps to following the child’s lead: Observe, Wait and Listen, Be Face to Face, Imitate, Interpret, Comment,
and Join in and Play
– Help children become better conversation partners by using appropriate questions, comments and turn-taking cues
– Use five important steps to ensure that no child is left out of the interaction during group activities
* At the end of the training, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
DATE and LOCATION
Date: 22nd January 2022 (SATURDAY)
Time: 9.00- 17.00
Venue : Inclusion4all
Vuursteen 8, 2496 RZ, Den Haag
REGULAR FEES: 180 euro
EARLY BIRD FEES : 160 euro – Registered and paid before 20th December 2021
* Upon receiving your registrations, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, and the invoice for the payment.
* Fees includes coffee and tea, lunch and a workbook.
Ching (C.P. Chiang: B.Sc (Hons) in Speech Sciences) is a freelance pediatric speech therapist working with children with language disorders, autism and complex needs in The Hague area since 2009. She is also a certified Hanen Speech therapist for Learning Language & Loving it, More than Words, Target Words, and It takes Two to Talk.
*Please note that there is an error in the email address on the poster: it should read: email@example.com