As an expat or international family in The Netherlands, you may face many challenges settling in and finding the resources that you need. If you have a child with a disability or some additional educational needs, then the challenge can be even greater.
Are you moving to The Netherlands with a child with additional needs and have questions about the availability of appropriate schooling? Do you need help navigating the systems of international schools or Dutch schools?
Has your child recently been diagnosed with a learning disability or difference and you are wondering what to do next?
Are you an international family with a child in a Dutch school and you need some help communicating with Dutch professionals and understanding how best to help your child?
Is your child attending an international school and you have concerns about their progress and would appreciate some independent advice?
Is your child with additional needs about to join a new group activity outside school and would it help to have some advice about how to integrate them successfully?
Inclusion4all can offer a range of support services which include:
- a free initial conversation by telephone or online to see how I may be able to help you.
- a one-off consultation to talk through your concerns, providing some options for moving forwards.
- advice about finding the professional help that you need for your child in the Dutch or international community.
- accompaniment to an appointment with a Dutch professional or school, assisting with translation during the conversation and a follow-up meeting to help you decide on next steps.
- help to understand standardised testing , CITO tests or other formal reports
- an observation of your child in their pre-school, school or club, followed by a written report and verbal feedback to you – and your child’s teacher, if required.
- an educational assessment of your child’s learning needs with a full written report.
Please contact me for more information about my services.
Additional to my consultancy services, I host free international parents’ coffee meet-ups every Monday morning from 9.30 – 11.30. These Monday meet-ups are inclusive meetings and both parents of typically developing children and parents of children with special needs are welcome. All children are welcome to come and play while parents chat.
The second Monday of the month is a meet-up specifically for parents of children with autism, or related challenges.
More information about the meet-ups can be found here
“We were certainly very grateful for Helen’s help and expertise when dealing with our son’s recent learning difficulties. She fully understands the barriers parents face in these situations and worked with us honestly and compassionately.
Consultations with Helen did a great job of guiding us and helped simplify the process. She absolutely supported us in finding the best solutions for him.”
Emma, The Hague